I know some of you are wondering, especially those of you who are not yet accustomed to my online habits over the years.
“What has Nin gone and done now?”
- My social media (only twitter and IG these days) on the WWW will remain locked till at some point in 2023 (earlier only if I get an agent/book deal and/or publishers/editors require it).
- No more submissions will be sent out this year simply because I’m running short on submittable short stories and want the time/space to craft better quality ones.
- I’m also finessing Watermyth and will send out a volley of queries early in 2021.
- This year has been really rough for me on several personal levels even though there have been glimmers of light and joy. I am taking the time to fulfil several desperate deadlines, and then for the rest of December I’m just going to chillax, indulging in my favourite activities for my personal season of hygge even though this year our semester runs on so I’ll be online teaching right till the end of the year.
- What will I be doing while I’m “closed for business”?: Baking, reading under a blanket, watching silly Chrimbo romance movies, and thinking of the year that’s past. It’s also one of the only months of the year when I can be found devouring romance novels, mostly period and Regency romances because I can never get enough of those! Oh, and I did promise (threaten!) some author friends that I would write a very norty Father Chrimbo story inspired by a certain M & S ad copy, so ho ho ho! **waggles eyebrows suggestively**
- As for Growing Fins — that blog has gone through so many changes since its inception in 2005. I sometimes feel it’s cursed. But I also know too much navel-gazing will not benefit me, and I’ve also been feeling too much musical impostor syndrome and despair, lately. I think writing notes was putting too much pressure on me and I’ve enjoyed a really good week without that pressure.
- Furthermore, I’m writing fiction and poetry again! Huzzah! I feel like a functional author, academic and human being again! Double Huzzah! I fully believe in making hay when the sun shines and if I expand less energy on blogs and social internets presences, I’ll have more time and brain-space for writing!
Clearly, this means accountability posts don’t work for me anymore and nestling within my little cozy fortress of bachelorette nerdcore solitude is the best answer.
(which is also why I cancelled the idea of doing accountability posts here — but I will post little bulletins about what writerly things I’ve been doing etc)
Stay safe and cozy!